Friday, June 8, 2012

the high line

the high line
The (former) architect in me has been intrigued by the photos of the High Line ever since it was built a few years ago. When I was in New York City earlier this spring, I was delighted to have the chance to finally visit this elevated urban park in person.

The day after the wedding that Matt and I attended in Manhattan, we had a few hours before we had to catch planes/trains back to our respective homes, so we spent the morning strolling along the High Line:
the high line
the high line
the high line
We stumbled upon lots of funky new modern buildings:
the high line
And the most depressing billboard I've ever seen:
the high line
the high line
the high line
the high line
the high line
Afterwards, we grabbed brunch at a place called Cafeteria in Chelsea:
cafeteria | nyc
Behold: CROISSANT FRENCH TOAST (genius!) and Blackberry Lemonade:
nyc brunch at cafeteria
After stuffing our faces, it was time to part ways - Matt back to Canada, and me to DC. Hopefully, it won't be another three years before we can do this again!

No comments: