Thursday, May 10, 2012

richmond spring bada-bing 2012

richmond craft mafia spring bada bing
Last month, I was excited to be a vendor at Spring Bada-Bing, hosted by the Richmond Craft Mafia. I had hoped to write about this sooner, but then I got busy with Week in the Life and Crafty Balboa. So let's backtrack a bit to April for a quick recap:

Spring Bada-Bing is a well-organized event and I really love the venue (Plant Zero). There were good crowds and friendly people. I got to chat with my favorite Richmond bloggers (thank you Sherry, John, and Clara for promoting Spring Bada-Bing and supporting local handmade artists!) and it was so fun to meet a few blog readers and a couple people who admitted to "stalking my Etsy shop". Thank you - this is the best kind of stalking and the best compliment! I really had a great time!

My set-up was similar to my display for Richmond's Handmade Holiday in December, but with a few new pieces of art.
richmond craft mafia spring bada bing
richmond craft mafia spring bada bing
My new Whale and Alligator mini block prints, which were featured on Young House Love:
richmond craft mafia spring bada bing
I was set up next to Fisticuffs - a vendor I've always admired.
richmond craft mafia spring bada bing
While I did make my own DIY leather bracelets on the cheap a few months ago, Larry and I couldn't resist buying a couple of Fisticuffs for ourselves:
fisticuffs!
richmond craft mafia spring bada bing
On the way home, we stopped at Carl's in Fredericksburg for some frozen custard. I am a frozen custard junkie and Carl's has always been one of my favorite treats. Sadly, it didn't live up to my expectations that day - I don't know if the custard was just off that day or if I've been spoiled by the delicious awesomeness of our favorite local custard shop - Frozen Dairy Bar. (I realize I mention Frozen Dairy Bar in just about every blog post, but it really is that amazing!)
carl's frozen custard
carl's frozen custard
carl's frozen custard
Thanks for a great time, Richmond!

2 comments:

Michael Wurm Jr said...

Looks like a blast. Art and ice cream! A feast for all the senses. I'm so hoping to visit one of your shows at some point in my life.

Lauren Drugan said...

I loooooooove those cuffs, might have to track some down for myself :)