Tuesday, May 8, 2012

hey may!

april 2012
I wrote this post a few days ago and then hit a wall. A why-am-I-doing-this, maybe-I-should-shut-down-the-shop wall. Ugh. But I'm back on track now. Life is good. May is good. Let's do it!

Ok, I know we're already a week into May, but this is shaping up to be a good month, despite the fact that it seems to be disappearing at an alarming rate. We've got lots of fun stuff on the calendar: the Grapehounds Wine Tour, our annual friends and dogs beach trip to the Outer Banks, plus The Sara/hs are coming into town. (The Sara/hs are Sara & Sarah - two of my best and oldest friends who now live hundreds of miles away. We'll only have a day or so to hang out, so as The Sara/hs said "We'll be milking the shit out of that day!" ) At the end of the month, we'll be kicking off summer concert season by seeing Jason Isbell at The Mansion on O. This past weekend we went on the National Arboretum's Full Moon Hike and got to see my favorite place in DC via moonlight cloud cover. May is a good month.

In addition to the jam-packed weekends, I've got a few other things on my list to squeeze into May:

+ Exercise regularly. (I'm trying to commit to swimming twice a week, but sometimes life gets in the way.)
+ Do something outside EVERY day. (This is my 30 Day Challenge for the month!)
+ Eat dinner on the patio.
+ Create lots of new art.
+ Plant stuff. (Yard, you are looking mighty sad right now.)
+ Read a book. (Things got busy and reading has sadly taken a back burner this spring.)
+ Have a dinner/cocktail date with Larry.

Happy May!

april 2012

6 comments:

Karin said...

LOVE this outfit on you! I like your May goals...being outside more is definitely one of my goals too! :)

Funnelcloud Rachel said...

Thank you, Karin! The outfit would probably look better on me if my skin wasn't the color of raw chicken, but maybe being outside will help with that! ;)

Michael Wurm Jr said...

You look fantastic! Seriously! You're self portraits are always the best .. and fun.

And please don't shut down the shop! That's crazy talk. Besides - I need at least one more print for my trio of Funnelcloud prints! That's totally selfish.

Funnelcloud Rachel said...

Thanks, Michael! Don't worry, I am most definitely not shutting down the shop - I was just having a frustrating day! I have lots of exciting things coming up for Funnelcloud!

Brandi said...

What an exciting May you have planned! And I love these photos of you. And your list. I'm trying to get out more during lunch -- I just wish there were somewhere interesting to go in Rosslyn. Sigh...if only I could work from home!

Let's figure out dinner plans soon -- even if we have to make them for June!

smstokesbury said...

You are putting all people who work from home to shame with this outfit! Love it. You look gorgeous. Can't wait to see you in 2 weeks and milk the sh!t out of our day!