Wednesday, August 10, 2011

new(ish) art

Wine Bottles
Back in June, my shop was a vendor at the Ballston Arts & Crafts Market. And in the weeks before that, I was extremely busy making new pieces (and trying to figure out how the heck to display my work).

I know, I said I was so inspired by the loose, abstract paintings during our stay at Luminhaus, and I am currently working on some abstract pieces, but in the spring I was working on lots of bold, geometric, stamped prints with repeating objects. These prints were created by carving the image into a block of rubber and then individually stamping each part of the image (therefore, no two are the exact same!).

Rainbow Raindrops:
Raindrops
Raindrops
Blue Bottles - inspired by the beautiful collection of blue glass bottles and jars that my mom keeps on a shelf in her kitchen:
Blue Bottles
Blue Bottles
Fishes (several colors + custom colors available):
Fishes
Fishes
Fishes
Wine Bottles:
Wine Bottles
Wine Bottles
I also created some more metallic prints. Golden Garlic to compliment my Silver Onions print:
Golden Garlic
Golden Garlic
Silver Horseshoes (lots of horse people in my family, plus horseshoes are good luck):
Silver Horseshoes
Horseshoes
All prints are available in my shop.

No comments: