Monday, January 10, 2011

a one woman sweatshop

I was hoping to write about something other than my shop, for example, all the fun things we've been doing in January, however the truth is that Funnelcloud Studio has occupied my time 24/7 since the start of the year. Yesterday, my print made the front page of Etsy.

Appropriately enough, my studio looks like a funnelcloud has ripped through it. Also, it's week into the new year and I've existed entirely on a diet of cheese and cookies. That can't be a good start to 2011. Larry was away on business last week and I tend to eat a rather bachelor-esque diet when I'm on my own. On Thursday, I spent the entire day printing, processing, and packaging Embrace Messy Hair prints and by dinnertime realized that not only did I have messy hair, but perhaps I should change my motto to Embrace Stinky Pits or perhaps, Embrace Hairy Legs. Ew. (Not to worry, I'm not trying to promote poor personal hygiene, and I did indeed get a shower that evening.)
prints and orders
And I've also run completely out of the shipping supplies I ordered in bulk a few months ago. I've got more on the way due to arrive soon. I'm still accepting a limited amount of orders of the Hair and Cheese prints, but due to the high volume of sales and the lack of shipping supplies, it will take approximately 5 business days for your order to ship. Hopefully, by the end of the week I'll be restocked with both surplus prints and shipping supplies, and business will be back to normal. Thanks to all of you for your inquiries about the prints and for your patience! I'm a one woman shop and I'm working to get all orders filled as soon as possible.

Ok, I do actually have two studio assistants, but they're of the canine variety, and all they contribute is large quantities of toxic gas...
gravy and banjo by the fire
P.S. I won honorable mention in the photo contest. Thanks to all of you for voting!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Congrats on making front page, and all the sales! Wow! What a great way to start 2011! :)

Jen